8.23.2006

More Nostalgia


Live Records, 1977...
They were real big.
In fact "Frampton Comes Alive" was the biggest selling album of all time at that time. Bigger than the Beatles.
When I listen to Baby I Love Your Way I hear all the things that I love about 70's music- Fender Rhodes, major 7 chords, unironic mushy lyrics.

MP3: Baby I Love Your Way

A cooler record that I was very aware of but did not personally own a copy was Cheap Trick Live At Budakon. This was probably my introduction to the notion that there is a country called Japan. And they really liked Cheap Trick there. Obviously, Robin Zander really likes Fats Domino.

MP3: Ain't That A Shame

When I was about 10 my dad took my sister and me to a double bill of The Last Waltz and Rust Never Sleeps at the Dobie. That's about 6 grueling hours! But even though Neil came on second, I think both my sister and I liked Rust Never Sleeps a lot better. Maybe It was the Jawas as Stagehands.

MP3: Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Arthur said...

Where's the Manilow? Bring it!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just for the record, I DID own a copy - a vinyl full length LP, ladies and gents, of Cheap Trick at Budakon.

They used to call them "records."

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home