6.18.2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, We are gathered Today

I just found out that my good friends Amy And Eli had a healthy baby girl named Paris Olivia.

In Paris' honor, with prescience of a future career as a Concert Violinst or Opera Conductor or Bass Player for Branford Marsalis II, I will post 2 tracks.

The first is Anyway, which is my all time Post-Fabu/Faboo Amy Atchley track. The first time I heard the recorded version I thought of Jon Brion which is my highest compliment.

Amy Atchley - Anyway

The second track is from Eli's recently rereleased album Kicks Are For Kids. It has some great playing. I am especially fond of Frederick Sanders' incredibly dynamic piano playing, which evident all over this track.

Eli Haslanger - History Book

When Eli and I aren't talkin' BASE-BALL we talk record production value. As I listen to Eli's 3rd record this morning I am very impressed with the production. I think that the proof is usually in the drum pudding. And the drums sound clear and natural on this record. So I tip my hat to momma Atchley and producer Elias Haslanger this Sunday morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lulu said...

happy days!!!!!! congrats to amy & eli

3:11 PM  
Blogger Elias Haslanger said...

yo jeff! just found your ranh ranh site today. what a nice gesture! thank you! i need to send you the new cd. hope you and bekkah are VERY well.
Sincerely,
E

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home