8.27.2005

Listen To Me!

(You know, I just got four versions of Bob Dylan’s 49th Beard courtesy of Michael and Dimeadozen.org . I think I will have to be deleting a couple!)

Alex, there is so much to cover in your post, methinks you are trying to keep the subject on Dylan as long as possible!! My favorite Dylan covers are all cheesy album rock versions like The Neville Brothers, Rolling Stones, U2, Sheryl Crow or Jimi Hendrix. Or that’s all I really ever heard.
However, you have put a stop to that by giving me Mojo: Dylan Covered (who here thinks Fairport Convention is cheesy?). And that gives me a great opportunity to mention Conor Oberst theory. I have just heard a small fraction of his prodigious output, HOWEVER, he has the knack for virtually forcing his listeners to listen to what he is saying. That is, I’m sure, what the appeal of Dylan was in 1962. And Dylan probably recognized and loved this trait in Woody Guthrie, who I like more than Dylan, but not more than Johnny Cash, who also has the “Listen To Me!” gene. So he is an appropriate response to your cyber challenges. Also singing on this cover is M. Ward. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for exposing me to this heavenly performer, Alex and Sonnet. He has had a very high rate of success getting stars in my itunes. We should talk about him more in depth later cause he belongs in the firmament.
I have no idea who Jim James is. But he is singing too.

Born in 1970, Neko.

MP3: Girl From The North Country

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delete? Every one's got a different nuance. Every one's a captured moment. Delete? What kind of completist are you?

Did I give you the studio version?

8:37 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Jim James is the singer for My Morning Jacket.

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This file is a wee treasure for my tiny ear-holes. Many thanks.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you figure a way to make these treasures downloadable? I wishes to keeps it forever, my precious.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to say I wish to keep it for less than 24 hours for reasons of personal scholarship and then delete it. Absolutely.

11:49 AM  
Blogger jEFF said...

"Right Click" on it. Then save it to your desk top. Let me know if that doesn't work.
Jeff

4:13 PM  
Blogger matty said...

yeah, that works for alex's posts, but not yours... because you're publishing to your homepage with imovie. it becomes too far embedded in the html for us to get at it. ask alex how he's doing his, because that's what works - as far as downloading (for purely sholarly reasons) is concerned.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home