2.05.2006

Ode to a Sonnet

as per her requested

When a Sonnet comes drifting to my mind
First is always a Tennessee Highway
Upon the CD player we did find
Dylan -- induced her sleep: our lives...we pay!
Don't protest, saying "I Invented Ranh!"
or "When does the new Kanye record drop?"
or "The Beasties know I'm their biggest fan"
and then "You're the ponce who likes Patty's sop"
Sam Phillips was sold to us for five years
Plus Rufus and Martha Wainwright as well
Julie Taymor was yours too, A Premier.
In both of your plays, great tunes, they do dwell
Director and Director, music fine!
1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
(9)

2 Comments:

Blogger sonnet said...

Ok, well, number one - {blush}.

Number two - We weren't listening to Dylan, and I didn't fall asleep. We were between cd's. And I simply looked away from the road for too long, thereby nearly killing five people.

Number three - I don't take credit for Martha. Only Martha is resposible for Martha.

Number four - Have you seen my New York Times review?

1:08 AM  
Blogger Lulu said...

lovely ode - whats a girl gotta do to get an ode, eh? Can I at least get a haiku (a limerick will not be necessary)

you forgot aimee mann and michael penn - or am i mistook?

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home