7.18.2006

i almost forgot... life. chicks. hooks. life.

It is the 250th Anniversary of Mozart's Birth (I looked it up!). There is a lot to say about Mozart, but you can get some bad-ass opinions here if you like.
I would like to say the my conception of what Mozart's music is is very tied into my experinces watching the movie Amadeus. Furthermore,
My conception of what it means to both produce and consume art of all kinds has been seriously influenced by the film.

Independent of all of that stuff, Mozart's music is, of course, very important and good. Bekkah and I even feel that, as Jeff Buckley would say, there are a lot of hooks in Wolfie's music.
Here are six that we picked:


Symphony #40 - 1st Movement

Rondo alla Turca

Clarinet Concerto - Adagio

Queen Of The Night Aria

Voi Che Sapete - from Marriage Of Figaro

Romanza from the D minor Piano Concerto

A lot of that is in Amadeus, so maybe that has influenced my choices. But some tunes are more hummable than others!
I've left off the 'Little Night Musik' Dah.. Dah Dah.. Dah Dah Dah Dah Dahhhhh .....
Some hooks can just become unbearable!

There are some more free MP3's here:
Guardian Unlimited

For whatever reason, summertime is the season (annually I might add) for celebrating Mozart. So download some royalty-free music from a dead composer and celebrate the summer with some hooks.life.etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home